Behind the scenes tour dates announced
Friday, 16th June 2006 • By Dan Ketteringham
Alton Towers are now taking bookings for three behind the scenes tours scheduled for this summer.
As we've previously reported, the park were interested in the idea of running these tours for the general public. A 'test run' was done back in March to see if the concept would work - ATA was there, and you can see photographs from the day in this gallery.
Now, the park has released details of the first three tours they are holding:
- Saturday July 15th
- Saturday July 22nd
- Saturday August 26th
- The day starts at 8am, where you'll spend time with the park's technical teams on rides such as Rita - Queen Of Speed, witnessing some of the daily procedures that take place before the park opens
- A look behind the scenes in Hex, followed by a trip up the old Flag Tower
- At this point you will go onto the park and enjoy the day as you normally would, except this time you'll have priority passes for some of the more popular rides
- When the park closes, you'll then head to the boardroom for a buffet meal. While you're there, you'll be able to see a variety of material from the archives, such as old maps, concept art and photographs
- You'll then be taken to see what happens on some of the rides after the park has closed. The tour will end at 8pm
The cost per person is £60
, with a 10% discount for Tussauds Annual Pass
holders. The price includes park entry, free car-parking, the tour itself, and the buffet lunch.
Call 0870 458 5140
to book your place.
Terms and ConditionsPlease note that every effort will be taken to ensure that all areas of the tour are covered; however due to operational or technical reasons we may have to change the tour programme. Due to the nature of this event you are required to be 16 years old or over and be physically fit. The day begins at 8am and continues right through until 8pm.
» Quick Info
› Park Status: Open
› Adults: £48.00
› Children: £40.80
» Trip Tip
You can collect your ride photos from the collection point as you leave.